Gathering together around food is good times for all involved, especially when the main course is simple for the host or hostess to prepare in advance. Then all can enjoy family & friends while the house is filling with delectable aromas and creating smiles of anticipation during the cooking process. That’s why this week we are preparing a pork tenderloin which serve 6-8 guests…it’s our “Tuscan Pork Tenderloin”.
Ingredients: (serves 6-8)
- 4 lbs. organic pork tenderloin roast(s)
- 1/4 cup organic brown mustard
- 8 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. organic chopped rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. organic chopped sage
- 2 Tbsp. organic chopped marjoram
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground organic black pepper
In bowl, combine mustard, garlic, rosemary, sage, marjoram and pepper.
Rub mixture all over roast(s); cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Bring to room temperature before roasting.
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place roast(s) in shallow baking dish and cook, uncovered, for about 1 hour, until the meat is nicely browned. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve meat with a couple of your favorite side veggies for your guests to thoroughly enjoy!
Something tasty, tasty, tasty is my husband’s pat answer when I ask him what he wants for dinner. He wants me to be the creative one while he sits back and enjoys whatever new dish I may come up with. With so many health benefits touted about turmeric these days, I thought that would be a good direction for this week’s recipe, “Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower”. And yes, he told me it was tasty, tasty, tasty, so A+ for today!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 head organic cauliflower, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 tsp. organic ground turmeric
- 3 Tbsp. organic, coconut oil, divided
- 1 large organic shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup organic, raw, unsalted almonds
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. organic lemon zest
- 1/4 cup organic, chopped, fresh-flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees; line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower slices single-layer covering the sheet.
In a bowl mix together the turmeric, 2 Tbsp. oil & shallots; then brush mixture onto the cauliflower slices and place in oven for 15-20 minutes until just beginning to brown.
Chop the almonds into small pieces using a small food-processor.
Heat a small ceramic skillet on medium-low and add 1 Tbsp. oil; next add the almonds and stir until they start to brown, then add the garlic and finish sautéing another few minutes until garlic is cooked. Remove skillet from heat and add the lemon zest.
Remove cauliflower from oven and coat with the almond mixture and continue cooking another 10 minutes until cauliflower becomes golden in color. Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley and move slices to a serving platter. Tasty, tasty, tasty!
You set the tempo, the rhythm, and the intensity, because you personally set your goals. You want an effective detox. You want a smaller size. You want to live a healthier more vibrant life. You are now demanding better health for yourself! Today we cook a delicious breakfast to kick-start this month of May…we are preparing the “Breakfast Egg Roll-up”.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- Cooked chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup organic, cremini mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 4 Tbsp. non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 small can organic, diced, fire-roasted chilies
- 8 egg whites OR 6 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp. organic Italian seasoning
- Organic spray olive or avocado oil
- Large ceramic pan
You will be preparing two roll-ups and will use half of the ingredients per roll-up.
In bowl, thoroughly mix 4 egg whites OR 3 whole eggs, ½ mushrooms, ½ chilies and ½ seasoning.
Bring skillet to low-medium heat which has been sprayed with oil to prevent sticking.
Pour egg mixture into skillet which will be a thin layer in bottom; once heated through and mixture becomes just solidified, slide onto a plate.
Spread cooked egg mixture with cottage cheese, sprinkle with chicken pieces and roll it up; place in preheated 250 degree oven and REPEAT for second roll-up.
Put second roll-up in oven while cleaning skillet and bowl.
Sprinkle with some sliced green onions and add a couple tomato wedges to complete.
Oh so yummy…this week we’re creating “Beef Poppers & Sauce” which can serve as both a main course or as a fun appetizer—it’s up to you. These great little poppers are also a great grab-and-go protein snack for anytime you’re on the run. You can even spend some extra time creating a stock of them to freeze for that quick meal necessity in the future.
Ingredients: (serves approx. 8-12)
- 2 lbs. pounds grass-finished ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. organic ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. organic cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. organic chili pepper
- 2 tsp. organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup minced organic onion
- 1/4 cup minced organic celery
- 1/4 cup minced pecans
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line an 11 x 17 inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
In medium mixing bowl, combine beef, pepper, cayenne, & chili powder—thoroughly mix; set aside for now.
Melt the coconut oil in a large ceramic skillet over medium heat and add onions & celery; cook until they’re translucent (approx. 4 minutes); add the pecans and sauté for another 2 minutes—set mixture aside until mixture is cooled enough to handle.
Combine the cooled mixture with the meat and form into approx. 24 poppers (meatballs), 1 inch in size.
Place meatballs on the lined baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes.
Serve warm with following sauce:
- 4 Tbsp. organic lemon juice
- 2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground organic cumin
- 1/2 tsp sweet organic paprika
- 1 pinch organic cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp organic minced fresh cilantro